Unique Motivational Stories with Inspiring Quotes and Messages for Athletes at all levels and for those that are looking to find their Dreams and Passion in life!
CONTACT INFO: jimloria0309@gmail.com
Picture with Words to Inspire You!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
"Be a 'Giver' and a 'Teacher' all at once! Be a Difference Maker to others in your lifetime" - Jim Loria
With this week’s piece, it's about an athlete who was hardly noticed in high school, some thought he was physically unimpressive. Passed over by all of the well known college basketball programs, this player would find himself at a small school with a total student population less than 2,000 where he grew and developed his game. For the many that ignored him, today he is a global superstar and one of the faces of the NBA: Steph Curry of the Golden State Warriors . It was his time spent at little Davidson College in North Carolina and the relationship he forged with his basketball coach, Bob McKillop , that was the birthplace of his brilliance out on the court. “He gave me all the confidence in the world, in terms of what I could be -- in terms of being a man, the balance of on-the-court and off-the-court expectations," Curry said. "He told me when I was a freshman that I had license to shoot any shot I wanted but I'd have to work for it meaning I'd have to put...
For this piece, I encourage you to set aside five minutes in your day to watch this fantastic video we are sharing from Tom Brady , the 7-time Super Bowl winning NFL quarterback! He takes time to tell you his secrets about reaching your Dreams. Tom talks about how as an athlete, he was not blessed with the physical traits that scouts seek in a prospect. That he was told by some coaches and scouts back in his early days to look for a new career. That he just wasn’t good enough. He will tell you that he had to find other traits to help him achieve his Dreams … traits like discipline, work effort and perseverance to overcome skills that he might have been lacking. He speaks about working to be one percent better than the day before. To take care of your body - it is your #1 Asset. That the Magic you’re looking for is in the Will of Trying. That WILL always Finds a Way! This is a highly motivating video from one of the great winning athletes of all time! Jim Loria Tom Brady Video L...
Here is a special Poem that I once shared with a group of high school and college athletes across America who were playing for the opportunity to one day perform at the highest level of their chosen sport. Jim Loria "You are the handicap you must face, You are the one who must choose your place, You must work to where you want to go, God has equipped you for life, but He Lets you decide what you want to be. Courage must come from the Soul within, You must furnish the Will to Win. So figure it out for Yourself, my Lad. You were Born with all that the greats have had, With your Equipment they all Began, Get hold of Yourself and say: 'I Can!'” (Author: Edgar A. Guest / 1881-1959)
Comments
Post a Comment